As part of a recent Agile training, we were asked to summarize the basic tenets of Agile in 3-4 words. Our group, with Mahesh, Yuti, Apeksha, Shahdab, Dhwani, Jay, came up with the following:
1. Our highest priority is to satisfy the customer through early and continuous delivery of valuable software.
Deliver value to satisfy
2. Welcome changing requirements, even late in development. Agile processes harness change for the customer’s competitive advantage.
Accept changes willingly
3. Deliver working software frequently, from a couple of weeks to a couple of months, with a preference to the shorter timescale.
Prioritize, Breakdown, Deliver frequently
4. Business people and developers must work together daily throughout the project.
Close collaboration, daily
5. Build projects around motivated individuals. Give them the environment and support they need, and trust them to get the job done.