Sandwiches are my favorite food. I’ve been a subway patron for years. If you need something to accompany mashed potatoes or baked beans, this recipe is a no brainer.
- Bread slices, 8
- Sliced capsicum, 2
- Sliced tomatoes, 2
- Sliced onions, 2
- Olives, to your taste (optional)
- Oregano, chilli flakes (optional)
- Butter or fat spread
- Processed cheese slices
- Tomato ketchup
- My no longer secret sandwich sauce
1. Butter both sides of the bread slices
2. Apply My no longer secret sandwich sauce on one side
3. Place all sliced vegetables: tomatoes, onions, capsicum on top. If you’re not feeling lazy or prefer the vegetables cooked, you can saute them in a pan with some cooking oil, 2 garlic cloves & tomato ketchup/puree.
4. Sprinkle salt, pepper, oregano & chili flakes as per taste.
5. Grate processed cheese or place an entire cheese slice over the toast. Avoid mozarella as it takes longer to melt, and your toasts will be burn.
6. Place them on pan over medium flame and let it toast.
7. Serve with tomato-chilli ketchup.