Continuing with recipes using shredded chicken as the key ingredient, here is another one that I was keen on trying.
- 8 slices of Multi-grain/Whole-wheat bread
- 2 Tomatoes, sliced
- 1 Onion, chopped
- 1 Garlic clove
- 1 Egg, whipped
- 2 tbsp Milk
- 4 Cheese slices
- Olive Oil (or butter)
- Shredded chicken
- Barbecue sauce
- Mustard sauce
- Chili flakes
- Lemon juice
- Thyme (optional)
- Red wine (optional)
- Add Barbecue sauce, Mustard sauce, Pepper, Chili flakes, Lemon juice, and if available Red wine & Thyme to the shredded chicken. Leave it to marinate for an hour
- Heat some butter in a saucepan to saute the onions with garlic. Once cooked, add the chicken and mix well.
- Grease the baking tray and lay bread slices.
- Layer the chicken, tomato slices, cheese and sprinkle salt/pepper to taste. Cover the top with a slice.
- Add some milk, and beat the egg. Pour this over the top slice.
- Place the tray in an oven, and bake at 375′ for 30 mins.