At some point in time, I am going to write a book about cooking: “A Husband’s guide to quick recipes – a.k.a. all you need is shredded chicken”. The possibilities of what you can do with shredded chicken are limitless. I’ve used it with enchiladas, salads, nachos, pizzas and what not. Here is another easy one.
- Garlic bread (6 in)
- Tomato (finely-chopped)
- Shredded chicken
- McCormick Brown Gravy mix (optional)
- Black pepper (ground)
- Tabasco sauce
- Amul Cheese spread (pepper)
- Mozzarella Cheese
- Tartar sauce (for the dip)
- Dice chicken into cubes and bring to boil. [Add pepper to the broth and drink hot :)] Cool the chicken and shred it.
- If you have the McCormick gravy mix, prepare the gravy as per instructions. Alternatively, you can shred pieces from a previously cooked chicken gravy.
- Mix the shredded chicken, gravy, cheese spread, oregano, black pepper, tabasco sauce and mix well.
- Cut the garlic bread loaf diagonally to create 1/2 inch slices. Apply butter on both sides.
- Pre-heat the oven at 180c. Then toast the bread for about 5 minutes at 180c.
- Spread the chicken mixture on toasted bread, garnish with tomatoes and mozzarella cheese.
- Heat the bruschetta in the microwave for a minute and serve with tartar sauce.