This is not a blog post, but just sharing the report template used for the final semester dissertation/project at BITS, Pilani. I guess this is common to MS SS & MM courses offered by DLPD (WILPD). This is the result of the numerous email that keep floating during the semester, only adding to the confusion. So I created a Word template that one can use right away, for lazy bums like me who start late. Just define custom properties, and the report template will automatically fill itself up.
- Download the file from either of the 2 links:
– DocStoc (latest)
- On Windows, right-click, go to ‘Properties’, then the ‘Custom’ tab
- You will see all the fields used in the document like Report Title, Mentor Name, Student ID, etc.
- If not, in MS WORD 2007, go to ‘Prepare’ > ‘Properties’ from the OFFICE menu. Then ‘Document Properties’ > ‘Advanced Properties’ on the yellow band and ‘Custom’ tab on the pop-up.
- To modify a value,
– Click on the field name in the field list
– Change the ‘Value’ above
– Click ‘Modify’
– Repeat this procedure for all fields
- Do not delete any of the fields.
- Open the document now, select all the text (CTRL + A) and press F9.
I have taken care of the fonts, page numbers, table of contents, etc. You can copy-paste one of the existing chapters to create a new one. However, if something is missing as per the checklist, please bring it to everyone’s attention. We can discuss this via comments below.
Wishing you all good luck without your report & viva!
This intelligent template is dedicated to Sonal Purandare who motivated me to get started on the report and offered immense support in difficult times.