I hope you are safe and doing well through the ongoing health and humanitarian crises. The Coronavirus pandemic caught us by surprise, and has left us between repealed norms and an uncertain future. The end isn’t imminent but we’re optimistic.
If you worked on the front lines or in an essential category, sincere thanks & God bless you all 🙏🏻
If not, you probably have a story for your career-from-home in 2020. And that’s going to be my favorite conversation starter for learning, coaching, networking, interviewing and small-talk in 2021. How did you prevent your personal development from stalling? If you don’t an answer ready, this post might give you some ideas.
In May, Janus Boye offered me to host a session at his Product Management peer group. I took the opportunity to dive into this question with fellow Product leaders and get inspired by their stories from these troubled times. I want to share the leading questions I used (#5 added later) to help frame that story.
Prompts to set personal development goals 🤔
- What is the 1 thing you had/knew pre-COVID, but didn’t use it much, and are now using/applying it more than before.
- What Skill(s) or Technique(s) you learned pre-COVID are you applying right now?
- What book kept you inspired during COVID?
- What’s a Skill or Technique you want to sharpen in 2020?
- How did you give back to the community during these times?