Dubai is all about options & variety. But in this abundance, I’ve struggled to find freshly baked pizza bases. You will find the frozen ones, but I’m not a fan. In the bakery section, what came closest was the flat, Egyptian pita bread. My only worry was if it would stand another round of baking or end up like a crisp tortilla. But how would I know without trying?
- Pita bread (pack of 4)
- Tandoori or Shredded chicken (or leftover tikkas or other meat)
- Mozzarella cheese
- Tomato ketchup
- Sliced onions, capsicum & tomatoes
- Oregaon, Salt & Pepper to taste
- Apply butter to both sides of the pita bread. Continue reading Recipe: Pita Pan Pizza (15 mins only)
This is probably the laziest sandwiches I’ve ever made. Honestly, typing & formatting the entire recipe will take longer than it takes to make it.
- Shredded some left over grill chicken, and mixed it with mayo, salsa and black pepper.
- Sliced some lettuce & half an onion.
- Buttered brown bread on both sides, and assembled as shown. You can add more veggies and cheese as you’d like
- Put it into the griller for 6-8 mins until it toasted
Every relation demands trade-off & adjustment. It is nearly impossible to find harmony in all choices. Aditi & I also took a hit on compatibility in some areas – food was one. I am a complete foodie, and she’s a great cook. I love chicken & chapattis, while she loves fish & rice. But when I cook, I try to make things that will go past her choices. Like all kids who hate plain chapattis, she loved the variation of baked rolls with chicken, cheese & veggies.
- 2 onions, sliced
- 1 green capsicum, chopped
- 1 tomato, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves
- Tomato ketchup
- Chilli powder
- Chat masala
- Salt, to taste
- 6 Chicken tandoori kebabs (or shredded chicken) – or replace with cottage cheese (paneer) for a veggie version
- 4 chapattis
- Cheese – grated mozzarella & slices for topping
- Heat some butter in a pan, and place garlic cloves
- Add all vegetables, tomato ketchup and salt to taste
- Saute vegetables until cooked
Assembling the rolls
- Butter both sides of each chapatti
- Place the vegetable stuffing at the center, and top with chicken or paneer
- Grate mozzarella cheese, sprinkle oregano/chat masala to taste
- Roll ’em up, and place cheese slices on top for an extra cheesy taste
Continuing with recipes using shredded chicken as the key ingredient, here is another one that I was keen on trying.
- 8 slices of Multi-grain/Whole-wheat bread
- 2 Tomatoes, sliced
- 1 Onion, chopped
- 1 Garlic clove
- 1 Egg, whipped
- 2 tbsp Milk
- 4 Cheese slices
- Olive Oil (or butter)
- Shredded chicken
- Barbecue sauce
- Mustard sauce
- Chili flakes
- Lemon juice
- Thyme (optional)
- Red wine (optional)
- Add Barbecue sauce, Mustard sauce, Pepper, Chili flakes, Lemon juice, and if available Red wine & Thyme to the shredded chicken. Leave it to marinate for an hour
- Heat some butter in a saucepan to saute the onions with garlic. Once cooked, add the chicken and mix well.
- Grease the baking tray and lay bread slices.
- Layer the chicken, tomato slices, cheese and sprinkle salt/pepper to taste. Cover the top with a slice.
- Add some milk, and beat the egg. Pour this over the top slice.
- Place the tray in an oven, and bake at 375′ for 30 mins.