Dubai is all about options & variety. But in this abundance, I’ve struggled to find freshly baked pizza bases. You will find the frozen ones, but I’m not a fan. In the bakery section, what came closest was the flat, Egyptian pita bread. My only worry was if it would stand another round of baking or end up like a crisp tortilla. But how would I know without trying?
- Pita bread (pack of 4)
- Tandoori or Shredded chicken (or leftover tikkas or other meat)
- Mozzarella cheese
- Tomato ketchup
- Sliced onions, capsicum & tomatoes
- Oregaon, Salt & Pepper to taste
- Apply butter to both sides of the pita bread. Mayonnaise (plain or garlic) if you can deal with it.
- Spread tomato ketchup on the base. You can spice it up with some mustard sauce or Tobasco.
- Top it up with veggies, meat and Mozarella
- Butter up a pan on medium flame and place the pizza. Cover with a lid, and let it cook for 3-5 mins until the cheese melts.
- Tip: On your first pizza, check every 2 mins to see that base does not burn